Sunday, August 27, 2017

Meet Mrs. Bass

My name is Heather Bass, and I am thrilled and very excited to be teaching 4th grade this year at Town Center. This is my 20th year of teaching, and I have experience in grades 3rd, 4th and 5th. It’s certainly great to be a Town Center Texan!


I graduated from the University of South Carolina in 1997 with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a minor in Elementary Education. I then earned a Master of Arts in Teaching in Elementary Education from USC in May of 1998. In 2002, I became a Nationally Board Certified teacher. Getting the shock of a lifetime in a very humbling way, I was the recipient of the National Milken Educators Award in October of 2008. I achieved National Board Re-Certification 2012. In addition, I am Gifted and Talented endorsed and recently added a supplemental teaching certificate in ESL.


I am married, and my husband and I have three wonderful children – Grace, 14 years old, Trey, 12 years old, and Laney, 8 years old. In my spare time, I enjoy shopping, reading and spending time with family and friends. This summer, we relocated to Coppell from Charleston, South Carolina. I am looking forward to an excellent year of teaching and learning. GO TEXANS!