Sunday, August 27, 2017

Meet Miss Natherson





This will be my tenth year to teach, and I feel so lucky to get to be a part of the TCE Community. I graduated from The University of Texas at Austin (Hook 'Em!) with a degree in Education in 2008, and I've been at TCE ever since. I am passionate about education, and I love my job. I believe that all children can learn and succeed in a positive and welcoming environment. I want my classroom to be a place where learners feel safe to express their opinions, ask questions, and reach for their dreams.


When I'm not teaching, I love to spend time with my family and friends. Some of my favorite hobbies include: painting, reading, exercising, hiking, learning to use my fancy camera, traveling, trying to teach myself calligraphy, and listening to live music. I also enjoy volunteering when I can. I am currently involved with The Bridge Homeless Shelter and am an advocate for Dallas CASA. I get a lot of joy from giving back, and I believe in the power of service. I also love spending time outside, and I especially love the rain. I collect quotes, and have been doing so for years. Send some my way if you have any favorites!


I grew up right here in Coppell, and I am thankful to still be a part of the community. I have a large and blended family, and they are a big part of my life!


The pictures above are from this summer when I went to Europe for the first time! 


Thank you so much for taking the time to learn a bit about me. I am so excited to learn all about you and your family!